FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How Do I Pay Rent?
- RentCafe –
- This is our online payment system. This option allows you to designate a bank account, or credit card, to be automatically debited on the day you choose (1st-5th) or make one-time payments at your convenience.
- If you choose Auto-pay this will continue each month. The auto-pay service is free of charge when using your bank account. Auto-payments by credit/debit card will incur a 3.5% service fee.
- For one-time payments, there is a $10 fee if using your bank account, and 3.5% fee for credit/debit cards.
- Please note that once you add a new bank account, Rent Cafe initiates a verification process or "penny test". A small amount will be deposited into your account labeled "bank verify" within 1-3 business days. Once you receive the deposit, you will need to enter the exact amount in Rent Cafe by going to your bank account setup and clicking on "Verify"
- Personal Check/Money Order/Cashier’s Check - ALWAYS include your address and unit number
Peak Properties LLC
2815 W. Roscoe Street
Chicago, IL 60618
Is there a Rent Café Application for Smart Phones?
How to Upload My Renters Insurance?
- Walk-In Payments
- If you are interested in paying with cash, money orders or cashier’s checks, we highly recommend getting a WIPS card. This card allows you to pay rent at 100s of Chicagoland locations. Cash will not be accepted if mailed or brought into the office. Call for more information.
- Late Fees
- Rent is due on the 1st and late after the 5th day of the month. Please refer to your lease for the specific late fee amount.
How to Submit a Maintenance Request After Office Hours?
- Email a copy to [email protected]. Your building address must be listed as Additional Interest and addressed to PO Box 12367, Columbus, OH 43212. For more information about Foxen and the waiver program, click here.
Can I AirBnB my rental apartment?
- For any maintenance request please use your Rent Cafe portal. If you have an afterhours emergency maintenance situation and the office is closed (between 5pm – 9am) you can call (773) 281-5252 and press 7 to be routed to our afterhours emergency maintenance line.
Where Can I Find Good Movers?
- This is NOT allowed and in violation of the lease terms. Any listings found on AirBnb or any apartment listing services will result in the immediate termination of your lease.
- Move Matcher can help take a bit of the stress out of the moving process by matching you with moving companies available on your requested move date. Move Matcher will instantly display FREE quotes, ratings, and reviews for licensed and insured movers. There are NO obligations to use this service but due to our partnership if you do move with them you will earn a $30 GrubHub Gift Card after your move was confirmed as part of Move Matcher Dinner & Move program.